Xirriquiteula Teatre was formed in Badalona, Barcelona, in 1985.
Throughout these years we have created and produced shows for both the street and theatres,
always aimed at kids.
Each project has been approached in a craftsmanlike way, taking care over the tiniest details to offer our audiences quality theatre.
Surrounding ourselves with talented professional collaborators on each show, we have devised most of our shows collectively. Our process of researching, experimenting and improvising is always highly enriching for the growth of both our company and our members.
Our history is long. Since 1985 when we started performing in festival parades until the present, we have created numerous shows for both the street and theatres, always aimed at family audiences.
The most emblematic, with the longest history have been: Girafes (2001) Contes del Cel (2002) Papirus (2004) and Laika (2018).
The awards we have received throughout these years have been a recognition of work well done as well as motivating us to hold to our course.
The Max Award for Laika is among the most prestigious we have been awarded.
· 2021 MAX Award. Best Show for Family Audiences. Spanish Association of Authors (SGAE)
· 2020 GUINEUETA Award for a show’s evolution. Friends of Teatre Zorrilla de Badalona
· 2019 FETEN Award, Gijón. Best Authorship and Direction
· 2019 BBVA Award. Best Show
· 2018 CRÍTIC’S Award. Best Show for Family Theatre
· 2019 VENUS Special Merit. Badalona City Council
· DRAC D’OR 2018. Children’s Jury Best Show. Lleida International Puppet Fair
· DRAC D’OR 2018. Best Scenography. Lleida International Puppet Fair
· 2011 GUINEUETA Award for a show’s evolution. Friends of Teatre Zorrilla de Badalona
· 2008 DRAC D’OR. Children’s Jury Best Show. Lleida International Puppet Fair
· 2005 FETEN Award, Gijón. Best Direction
· 2005 FETEN Award, Gijón. Best Show
· 2004 GUINEUETA Award for a show’s evolution. Friends of Teatre Zorrilla de Badalona
CONTES DEL CEL
· 2002 FETEN Award, Gijón. Best Direction
ELS CONTES DE GRIMM
· 1994 Government of Catalonia Award. Best Youth Theatre Company
With the show Aigua!! (1994) we went international and since then have not stopped performing in festivals and theatres around the world with Girafes (2001), Papirus (2004) and Laika (2018).
We have toured numerous countries on four continents: Japan, China, Singapore, Romania, Israel, Syria, Colombia, Venezuela, Cape Verde, the United Kingdom, Norway … and we keep touring!
Andorra, Àustria, Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom..
China, Iran, Israel, Japan, Jordan, Lebanon, Singapore, South Korea, Syria and Turkey.
Colombia, Costa Rica and Venezuela.